Pumpkin Bread Recipe
It’s fall and it’s time to make Pumpkin-filled foods! This recipe is for the pumpkin-lover and pumpkin-hater alike. I haven’t met a single person that doesn’t adore this recipe. It’s the classic and delicious Pumpkin Bread!
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (make sure to use aluminum-free brands)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (and/or 3 drops Cinnamon essential oil)
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves (and/or 3 drops Clove essential oil)
- optional: brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease 2 loaf pans. I love to bake using stoneware. I swear it’s the best way to get a good even bake!
- Cut shortening into sugar.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves. If you have CPTG essential oils, I highly recommend you add a few drops of the cinnamon and clove oils. You can use them as a substitution or in addition. I like a lot of flavor and use both – it’s delicious.
- Pour mixture evenly into the two pans.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top. (optional)
- Bake for about 60-70 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check that the center is cooked through.
Serve with coffee and pumpkin spice creamer for breakfast or as a yummy afternoon treat! Did you try this recipe? Let me know in the comments!! I love to hear back from my readers!