Here’s a bulletproof coffee recipe you haven’t tried yet – try this Breakfast coffee.
+one drop CPTG turmeric essential oil
+one drop CPTG peppermint essential oil
+one tbsp grassfed organic ghee
+one tbsp raw coconut oil or MCT oil
This breakfast coffee is sooo delicious. The peppermint + turmeric has a beautiful nutty flavor. The coconut oil + ghee is great brain food. Yay for healthy fats! 🙌🏻
Mix all the ingredients together for a wonderful breakfast! Make sure to use an emulsifier or a blender for best results. Just stirring your coffee doesn’t get the fat mixed in quite well enough.
Turmeric Essential Oil Benefits
- Helps support healthy glucose and lipid metabolism*
- May enhance cellular antioxidant enzymes* (e.g. glutathione)
- Helps support healthy nervous and cellular function*
- Has been shown to increase curcumin potency and absorption*
- May promote healthy immune function and response*
- When diffused, Turmeric provides an emotional lift and may help improve mood
- Supports clean and healthy-looking skin while reducing the appearance of blemishe
Just check out that list!^^
That’s an essential oil I want to be taking every. single. day. This coffee is the perfect way to introduce it to my everyday routine.
Peppermint Essential Oil Benefits
- When ingested, promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing*
- Promotes digestive health when taken internally*
Peppermint essential oil is a great oil to start the day with. It’s invigorating and it’s very uplifting. Plus when combined with Turmeric it gives the coffee a lovely nut-like flavor. You can learn more about peppermint essential on my peppermint blog post.
Grassfed Ghee Benefits
- Great way to get healthy fats into your diet
- Boosts intake of vitamin K, vitamin E, and Vitamin A
- Free of casein and lactose
- packed with conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)
- Great for supporting gut health
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response
- It’s great for your bones – especially your teeth
- Supports healthy metabolism
Coconut Oil Benefits
- Over 90% of the fat in coconut oil is healthy fats! If you want 100% you can try using MCT oil (MCT is NOT the same as FCO). You can watch a video here that explains the difference and why you might choose one or the other. Both are great options.
- Promotes a healthy brain and memory function
- Promotes a healthy cardiovascular system
- Great for the cleansing organs like the kidney and liver
- Promotes a healthy inflammatory response
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Provides a healthy form of energy
- Promotes oral health
- Good for the body’s largest organ – our skin
- increases calcium absorption in the gut (1)
- Helps to support healthy hormones
- Check out this MASSIVE list of studies done on the magic that is coconut oil.
Can you see why I like all of these ingredients in my brain-food breakfast coffee?
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils to be taken internally and in recipes like like breakfast coffee. Please do not use this recipe if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find. When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils. After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market -plus they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.