We love our homemade diaper cream. It’s super cheap, safe, all-natural, and can be used with our cloth diapers! I didn’t realize that when I agreed to cloth diapering, I was also agreeing to the all-natural diaper cream world too. Most store bought creams that you find at Walmart can’t be used on cloth diapers because they make the diapers less absorbent. And I want my cloth diapers to be absorbent!! So I started looking into my options and found that making my own would probably be the easiest and most affordable route to take. What I love about this cream is that it’s not just for diaper changes. We use it on ANY and ALL occasional skin irritations. I’ve made my own too to use instead of a face lotion. It only takes a couple of minutes to make and it lasts a very long time.
- 1 glass jar with top (I used a flat half-pint mason jar or use these 4 ounce glass jars)
- 8 drops of doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil (optional. I add it for extra skin soothing power)
- 5 drops Melaleuca (optional but I highly recommend adding it!)
- Coconut Oil (preferably pure, unrefined, and cold-pressed.)