We love doTERRA’s CPTG Lemon Essential Oil in our home. It’s simple and clean and has many benefits. Lemon is a great oil for the essential oil newbie. It’s probably our most-used essential oil – for it’s simplicity and variety of uses.
The top-selling doTERRA essential oil, Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits and supports healthy respiratory function.* When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to help improve mood.
Lemon Essential Oil
Benefits & Uses
- Purifies and cleans the air and surfaces
- Cleanses the body naturally and helps to aid in digestion*
- Supports healthy respiratory function*
- Naturally Uplifts your mood
- Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.* Some times of the year I like to take a seasonal threat blend with Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint. You can add a few drops of each in a shot glass of water or take a few drops of each in a veggie cap.
- Use Lemon in the Throat Blend Recipe when fighting environmental or seasonal threats.
- Clean and Purify your kitchen surfaces naturally with Lemon Essential Oil. Add a few drops of the Lemon oil to a glass spray bottle of water and use as a Multi-Purpose cleaning spray. Lemon oil is also a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to protect, shine, and clean wood finishes!
- Use Lemon in your Homemade Deodorant Recipe!
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Use Lemon oil on your silver and other metals to fight off the early stages of tarnish.
- Diffuse to promote a positive mood.
- Makeover Your Kitchen Cleaners with Lemon EO.
- Makeover Your Laundry Room with this oil, too!
A few oils are considered sun sensitive oils. These oils should not be applied topically if that area of skin will be exposed to UV rays within 12 hours of application. Lemon is a sun sensitive oil.
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find. When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils. After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market -plus they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.
You can learn more about doTERRA’s CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) standards on my blog post about it.
You can get doTERRA essential oils for full price here. Or you can get a costco-like wholesale membership and pay 25% less than retail. Learn more about the wholesale membership here.
Check out these two videos about Lemon Essential Oil!
Learn about the benefits and uses of Lemon Essential oil!
Find out how doTERRA’s Lemon and Bergamot essential oils are sourced!