Check out the doTERRA Red Mandarin Essential Oil!
doTERRA Red Mandarin Essential Oil
- May help to support the digestive system
- May support cellular health
- Has calming and soothing effects
- Uplifts mood
- Clarifying and toning to the skin
- Add 2—3 drops to your favorite cleanser or toner for additional clarifying properties! Super neat!
- Diffuse first thing in the morning to energize and uplift mood. For extra citrus also add Kumquat or Sunny Citrus to your diffuser!
- Add 2—3 drops to juice, tea, or healthy drink for digestive benefits
- Diffusing Red Mandarin uplifts mood while easing tension
- Can be combined with your favorite cleanser or toner to improve the appearance of oily skin.
- Red Mandarin is beneficial for the digestive system when used internally. Add a few drops to a veggie cap and take with a glass of water.
- Can be purifying to the skin and air – Diffuse to purify the air.
“Known as the sweetest of all citrus fruits, the red mandarin from the Citrus reticulata tree is usually peeled and eaten whole or used in salads and desserts, but its rind also contains a wonderfully unique essential oil. Although it is similar to the tangerine—in fact, mandarins are often referred to as tangerines interchangeably in some parts of the world—the fruit and the essential oil of Red Mandarin is quite unique in the citrus world. Whether experienced aromatically, topically, or internally, Red Mandarin essential oil can provide a multitude of benefits.
The biological and physiological activity of essential oils comes down to their chemistry. Red Mandarin’s composition is much like most other citrus oils in its high concentration of limonene, but there are a few twists. Depending on harvesting conditions, approximately 65% to 75% of Red Mandarin’s composition is the cleansing and uplifting monoterpene known as limonene, but it is also rich in an aromatic compound often associated with Cumin, Black Pepper, and Ginger essential oils: gamma-Terpinene (up to 14%).1 Research has shown that gamma-Terpinene may have cleansing properties.2 The concentration of gamma-Terpinene adds to the already potent surface and skin-cleansing abilities of limonene. Whether you are looking for a mild skin toner and clarifier, a great addition to your DIY all-purpose cleaner, or something a little different that can uplift your mood when diffused, Red Mandarin is a great choice.”
–Contributed by Damian Rodriguez, DHSc, MS
More Information on the Product Information Page.