Tangerine has a long history of use in Chinese culture and herbal health practices.
The essential oil supports healthy digestion and metabolism.* Tangerine has a sweet, tangy aroma, similar to other citrus oils, that is uplifting. Tangerine is known for its cleansing properties, and for supporting a healthy immune and respiratory system.* Tangerine essential oil can be used to help soothe anxious feelings and manage stress. A popular and flavorful addition to desserts and drinks—from water to fruit smoothies—Tangerine can be used in any recipe calling for citrus fruits.
doTERRA Tangerine Essential Oil
Tangerine essential oil has a fresh, tangy, sweet smell. The oil from tangerines comes from the peel or rind of the fruit and it’s cold compressed.
Uses & Benefits
- Add to recipes to flavor yummy baked treats. I love using citrus oils like Tangerine or lemon in my glazes!!
- Use Tangerine in a glass of water or tea for an extra bit of flavor! Just make sure you use a glass or stainless steel waterbottle and stainless steel straw with any of the citrus oils!
- Use a drop with some coconut oil and apply to your reflex points to promote feelings of happiness.
- Put a drop of Tangerine in your palms, rub your hands together, cup your nose and mouth, inhale deeply. This is a great way to use your oils aromatically and topically to energize and uplift your mood.
- Use in your diffuser with other citrus oils like Red Mandarin or Kumquat!
- Cleansing and purifying
- Contains powerful antioxidants* (including the powerful antioxidant limonene)
- Supports a healthy respiratory system*
- Supports a healthy immune system*
A few oils are considered sun sensitive oils. These oils should not be applied topically if that area of skin will be exposed to UV rays within 12 hours of application. Tangerine is a sun sensitive oil.
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find. When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils. After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market -plus they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.