We love doTERRA’s CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) Lavender Essential Oil in our home. If you have any Essential Oils at all, there’s a pretty great chance that one of your oils if Lavender. Lavender is a powerful oil, it’s also known as poor man’s Frankincense because it’s such a versatile oil. It’s a MUST for your natural cabinet of remedies.
Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume. Its calming and relaxing qualities, when taken internally, continue to be Lavender’s most notable attributes. Applied topically, Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck. Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet to relax and prepare for a restful night’s sleep. Due to Lavender’s versatile properties, it is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Lavender reduces anxious feelings and promotes peaceful sleep, when taken internally*
- Eases feelings of tension.*
- Use this oil at bedtime by applying a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, and/or bottoms of feet.
- I always keep a bottle of Lavender on hand or in my purse/diaper bag to soothe occasional skin irritations or soothe a cranky baby. See my Diaper Cream Recipe here.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
- Use Lavender in your Homemade Deodorant Recipe!
- Use Lavender with Dryer Balls to make your laundry smell fresh and clean.
- Make your own Bath Salts with Lavender!
- Take internally to reduce feelings of anxiousness.*
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts. Yum!
- Makeover Your Laundry Room with this oil, too!
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find.
When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils.
After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market. Plus, they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.
You can learn more about doTERRA’s CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) standards on my blog post about it.
You can get doTERRA essential oils for full price here. Or you can get a costco-like wholesale membership and pay 25% less than retail. Learn more about the wholesale membership here.