Myrrh Essential Oil
Let’s talk Myrrh.
Most people recognize Myrrh as one of the gifts given to the Christ-child by one of the wise men:
“And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshiped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.” Matthew 2:11
Most of those people view Myrrh as just an expensive perfume. But oh, it’s so much more than that. Many times Myrrh was valued by its weight in gold! Myrrh is, yes, a perfume but can also be used as incense and as a health aid. It was used in embalming and religious ceremonies. It has powerful cleansing properties – especially for the mouth and throat. You can use this oil to soothe the skin and promote a smooth, youthful-looking complexion. It’s even good for emotional balance and well-being.
Uses & Benefits
- Try adding a drop or two to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits
- Diffuse to promote awareness and lift your mood
- Make a Throat soothing spray using Myrrh!
- Add to lotion or coconut oil and use to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Even try adding a drop to a cup of water with some honey or agave to ease the stomach
NOTE: I use a dropper in my Myrrh because it’s a very thick oil. Myrrh flows slowly so a dropper is a much easier device than the normal orifice reducer.
For more Information about Myrrh Essential Oil, check out this Product Information Page.
Would you like to try some of these Essential Oils? Check out my SHOP page – I can get you the highest quality essential oils for you at 25% off retail price.