Are you excited that there is such thing as turmeric essential oil? If not, you absolutely should be. There are many of you reading this that take the time everyday to make sure that you get turmeric into your diet one way or the other – usually food or supplements. That’s fantastic. You should trying to get it into your diet everyday.
But there’s an easier way….and it’s a lot more bioavailable.
Let me share the amazingness that is Turmeric Essential Oil.
History & Sourcing of Turmeric Essential Oil
As a key botanical of the traditional Ayurvedic health practices of India, turmeric root and turmeric essential oil have a long history that has inspired modern uses of turmeric today.(1) (2)
Sourced from various parts of India and Nepal, turmeric farming is done by both men and women. Women typically task themselves with sorting the harvested turmeric roots into various grades, similar to how women in Somalia sort the resin tears for Frankincense oil.
These farmers sometimes use turmeric roots as an “intercrop”, meaning they grow it alongside crops such as corn and sugarcane. This provides numerous benefits to the farmers like the possibility of higher income per unit of soil, and further insurance against having a crop fail. It also helps keep the soil fertile, and reduces weeds and soil runoff.
CHEMISTRY: Steam distilled from the turmeric root, Turmeric essential oil has two unique chemical components, Turmerone and ar-Turmerone. Both components have been shown to help our bodies with the absorption of curcumin, a strong antioxidant and the main compound actually found in raw turmeric root and turmeric extract.
Turmeric Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Most commonly known for their nervous system* and emotional benefits, these components make Turmeric essential oil a staple in your daily health routine. Promoting feelings of positivity,* Turmeric is beneficial both internally and aromatically. Advantageous to the immune system, Turmeric may have soothing benefits that promote a positive immune response.* As well, Turmeric can help to promote clear, smooth, and radiant-looking skin. Use Turmeric daily to support healthy immune function and response along with healthy circulation.* In addition to the many benefits of Turmeric essential oil, Turmeric acts as a great burst of flavor to your favorite savory meals.
- Helps support healthy glucose and lipid metabolism*
- May enhance cellular antioxidant enzymes* (e.g. glutathione) (3)
- Helps support healthy nervous and cellular function* (4)(5) (6) (7) (8)
- Helps to support the cleansing organs (9)
- Has been shown to increase curcumin potency and absorption*
- May promote healthy immune function and response*
- When diffused, Turmeric provides an emotional lift and may help improve mood
- Supports clean and healthy-looking skin while reducing the appearance of blemishes
- Take internally for daily antioxidant support and to improve immune response.*
- As metabolic support, use Turmeric when trying to get back on track.*
- When needed, use Turmeric as a spot treatment or in an all-over face mask to help reduce the appearance of blemishes or for a healthy-looking overall glow. (10)
- Diffuse Turmeric or put a drop or two into your hand and inhale to promote feelings of positivity and to improve mood. (11) (12) (13)
- After strenuous activity, incorporate Turmeric into your recovery routine for a soothing experience (14)
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find. When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils. After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market -plus they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.