Clary Sage, Geranium, Helichrysum, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Magnolia, Rose, Jasmine, Neroli and Ylang Ylang are all considered doTERRA floral oils.
Frequently used in perfumes, these oils come from the flower of their plant of origin, whether it be an herb or tree. This is with the exception of Geranium that comes from the flower as well as the rest of the plant.
💧Floral oils are steam distilled due to the delicate nature of their compounds that would be damaged in higher heat. However, only Clary Sage and Lavender share a similar chemical makeup with their main constituents being linalool and linalyl acetate. Each of the other floral oils possess their own unique chemical makeup. All of these oils can also be used aromatically, topically, or internally.
Common Floral Oil Benefits
👉The common properties that the floral oils share include emotional benefits as well as benefits to the skin and hair.
👉Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Magnolia, and Clary Sage have calming properties when you need stress-relief.
👉To smooth or improve the appearance of skin, all you need is Geranium, Neroli, Helichrysum, or Roman Chamomile.
👉Clary Sage, Rose, Geranium, Roman Chamomile, or Ylang Ylang can all be added shampoo or conditioner (or massaged directly onto your scalp) to give your hair and scalp a healthy appearance.
- During your menstrual cycle, rub three to five drops on the abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
- Use in an aromatherapy steam facial to beautify skin.
- Add a drop to your moisturizer for a smoothing effect.
- Geranium is great for both dry and oily hair. Apply a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner bottle, or make your own deep hair conditioner.
- Diffuse aromatically for a calming effect.
- Apply topically to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Apply to the face to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and to promote a glowing, youthful complexion.
- Massage into the temples and the back of the neck for a soothing sensation.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
- Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.*
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Learn more about Lavender here.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer, shampoo, or conditioner to promote youthful-looking skin and hair.
- Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas or hot drinks to soothe the body and mind.*
- Diffuse or apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Use Magnolia Touch daily as your new signature personal fragrance.
- When your skin is in need of comfort, roll on Magnolia to provide a soothing touch.
- Combine topically with Bergamot or Ylang Ylang to promote healthy-looking skin and to customize your daily fragrance.
- Roll onto the bottoms of your feet to create feelings of calm and relaxation.
- Learn more about Magnolia here.
- Apply to pulse points to uplift mood throughout the day
- Use on areas of concern twice daily to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections
- Apply to neck and wrists for a personal fragrance
- Apply to bottoms of feet and pulse points in the morning to uplift mood
- Can be used as a personal fragrance
- Apply to skin imperfections twice daily
- Apply topically to help soothe the skin.
- Combine Neroli, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, and Marjoram essential oils for a relaxing and aromatic massage experience.
- Apply to pulse points throughout the day to uplift mood.
- Use when experiencing anxious feelings.
- Learn more about Neroli here.
- Put Ylang Ylang into an Epsom Salt bath for relaxation.
- Refresh your skin with an aromatherapy steam facial using Ylang Ylang essential oil.
- Put on your wrists for a sweet, floral perfume.
- Add Ylang Ylang to Fractionated Coconut Oil for a deep hair conditioner.
- Take internally for antioxidant support.*
doTERRA Essential Oils
I recommend only one brand of essential oils. Please do not use these tips if you are going to go out and buy the cheapest brands that you can find. When it comes to essential oils, you get what you pay for. There’s hardly any regulation on the essential oil market so you have to do your due diligence when purchasing oils. After research, I fell on doTERRA. DoTERRA holds themself to the highest purity and safety standards on the market -plus they hold themselves to fair trade and sustainability practices.